One way to report on the total number of consumers per digital edition is to report on the total number of unique users for an edition. *This report is applicable to Pugpig Publish customers*
HOW TO CREATE THE CUSTOM REPORT
- In CUSTOMISATION > Custom Reports click New Custom Report
- Give your report a Title and a Name for the report tab, such as ‘ Users per Edition’
- Add Users to the list of Metrics Groups included in the report
- Add Pugpig Edition Name in the Dimension Drilldowns section
- Then simply save your report and start viewing your data!
HOW TO FILTER YOUR REPORT FURTHER
- You may want to filter the report further to just show data for a specific edition. This can be done on the fly by setting a specific Pugpig Edition Name in the advanced section of your report screen.
- Alternatively, you can edit your original report and add the filter in the custom report form Filters section either in your existing report tab or in a new one.
Any of these filter choices are valid so pick what makes the most sense for your own reporting needs! If you think you will want to return to the report in order to continue monitoring user numbers for a specific edition it might make sense to create multiple tabs in your Custom Report each with a different edition name filter set.
IMPORTING THIS CUSTOM REPORT TO YOUR OWN ACCOUNT
- Click here to import this report into your own Google Analytics account.
A NOTE ON GOOGLE ANALYTICS DEFINITION OF USER
- This report uses a standard Google Analytics Metric called Users. Google Analytics defines this metric as "Users who have initiated at least one session during the date range". You can find out more about how Google Analytics defines Users in their documentation.