Other useful links on Apple News can be found here:
To publish an Apple News + edition you will need to be accepted by Apple. If they have not accepted the account, then you will still be able to publish articles to a regular Apple News channel but they will not be curated as part of an issue.
Note: It is best to disable automatic publishing for apple news
Steps to publish content as an edition
- Create the edition. Mark edition as draft/pending. If you publish apple news article when an edition is already published then the articles will not be marked as draft in apple news.
- Tag content into the edition. Note: articles need to be published in order for you to publish them in apple news
- Check the articles have been added into the edition, if yes then proceed to next step.
- Go to Apple News > Articles to publish articles. You can do this individually or in bulk depending on template selection.
- Once articles have successfully published, go to icloud.com. You'll then see your articles have been published as draft (if you did the first step correctly) however you'll want to turn these into an edition now.
- Go to the Issue tab and click 'create issue'. You can then select your issue identifier from the list. It will use the edition key from the CMS so if you don't see it try searching.
- You should see all your articles pulled into your apple news edition in the same order as they appear in the CMS flatplan. All articles should be marked as draft at this stage.
- Fill in details about the issue and check the draft articles.
- Once happy with content, adverts and order you can publish the issue.