Pugpig Site is proudly based on Wordpress so the CMS gives a real advantage to anyone that is familiar with WP already. At Pugpig, we have selected a combination of plugins that we endorse and support to ensure you only get the best of WordPress running the latest, secure versions.
What you need to know to start designing for a Pugpig Site:
- We have a very simple WP theme that allows us you to get up and running quickly
- Site content is very flexible. We have a choice of block builder (for flexible content) and classic editors for a more templated approach.
- Site delivers the same content to the website and the apps
- Site is largely based on a block builder and therefore has a large library of content blocks available to use straight away. See full list of blocks here.
Our recommendations for designing a Pugpig Site
When designing for Site consider that each of the blocks is something that can be designed/styled. Blocks can also be nested so it is entirely possible to have heading and paragraph blocks in side a column block and things far more complex however the most effective sites are ones that think carefully about these block layouts.
We recommend reviewing the list of blocks that may be useful for you and thinking about how these will be used on your web pages. Starting with wireframes associated to these blocks may help then progress to a more high-grain design of each of the blocks you think you will use. Pugpig are always happy to review designs and provide feedback to what is and isn't possible.
Whilst the Block Library is extensive, we understand that there may be a need for more customisation on your site. Pugpig are always happy to consult on these ideas and help you develop the perfect website.
Things Pugpig look at when reviewing a design:
- Overlapping blocks; Sometimes blocks that overlap can add complications but sometimes they work well! We review this on a case by case basis
- How will the design be broken in the blocks/ nested blocks?
- If blocks are overly nested and complicated, this can have an impact on editorial experience. Pugpig will advise on simpler solutions or custom block/patterns.
- Do we think there are any custom blocks to be built?