How to set up Google Play Universal Receipt Store Auth
1. Sign in to the associated Google Play account using the Account Owner email address.
2. Go to https://cloud.google.com/docs/authentication/production#create_service_account and follow the steps to create a service account.
If there has already been a service account created and you are confident that it is no longer in use for other apps then that will need to be deleted (click through above URL and delete old accounts from "Service Accounts".
- If you haven’t created a project already, you will need to create a project calling it anything relevant. If a project already exists and has been linked to the Google Play Console already (see points 9 & 10 on how to check), then the service account will need to be created under this project, or existing projects will need to be disabled.
Create your service account
- Sign in to the Google API Console.
- Open the Credentials page.
- Click Create credentials > Service account key.
- From the dropdown menu, select New service account.
- Select your preferred key type and click Create.
3. After creating an account, download the service json - you may need to go to Credentials > Service accounts to do this (keep this safe and do not share as this contains a private key).
4. Send the json securely to your Pugpig Project Manager.
5. Goto https://console.cloud.google.com/apis/credentials and find the newly created project (it will be named as you named it).
6. Go to Library and search for the Google Play Android Developer API.
7. Enable Google Play API Access.
8. Go to the Google Play Developer Console (https://play.google.com/console/) -> Settings -> API Access.
9. You should see your newly created google cloud project here, link it to the correct developer console account. The next step will explain the permission level you need to grant.
10. Grant the Google Cloud account (i.e. the account you just created in steps 1 through 9) the permission level to be able to access the billing console by setting the permission to Project Admin.
11. The setup is now complete, however this is prone to caching on the Google Play console. To instantly clear the cache, make an in-app purchase inactive, save the change and then make it active again right after. Alternatively, make a small change to the copy such as adding a full-stop. Click save and then change back straight after.
12. For Pugpig to do: Copy the WHOLE json (including everything in the brackets) and paste into the validate_private_key field in the google play addon config (no additional quotation marks, just the pure json object as the value).
Note: A single universal receipt JSON can be integrated across all apps for a client account.