- There can be as many or few welcome screens as you like (although we would recommend keeping the number as low as possible)
- For each screen we can have a title and body copy plus an image, which sits above the text. There is not a set recommended size for the images, they get centred in the top half of the screen and will overflow the screen if they're larger than the available space (which obviously varies device-to-device)
- For the image if you can provide a large transparent background png we can size it appropriately
- Each screen has a ‘Next’ or ‘Let’s go' button (depending on if it’s one in a series of screens or the only screen/last in the series). There can also be CTAs deep linking to the login or subscribe screen
- We can update the colours and fonts of the text and buttons
Help screen image case studies
Bolt help screen image sizes are based on a few factors, the image dimensions, resolution of device screens and it is worth noting they behave differently on iOS and Android. Here are some key examples to work from, red line marks edge of image (some of Mail+ whitespace sits outside iPhone 7 on height);
Artwork dimensions: 1500px x 1500px, 220 resolution, transparent PNG
iPad Pro 11"
Artwork dimensions: 1250px x 1250px, 72 resolution, transparent PNG
iPad Pro 11"
Images can also be full-bleed, filling the entire help screen. In such a case our recommended size is 1200x2133, you can see what this looks like in the Tortoise image below. The screen still features buttons and, optionally, text. For reason's of fidelity we recommend using the help screen's text functionality rather than baking it into the image.