On Bolt, we support an animated splash screen. This is typically a logo or other simple and small image. It appears whenever the app is launched on a user's device.
The animation must be created in Adobe After Effects with the spec 300px by 300px square. Therefore, to follow these steps, you will need Adobe After Effects installed on your machine.
The assets and animations should be placed within one composition for rendering.
Once the animation is completed according to these specifications, follow the steps below to render the animation suitable for a mobile application.
1. Download and install the Bodymovin plugin from aescripts.com. You will also need to download zxp installer.
2. After the plugin is successfully installed, you will need to go to the After Effects general settings > preferences > scripting & expressions > then "Allow scripts to write files and access network".
3. Open the .aep file created for the animation.
4. Click Window > Extensions > Bodymovin and a dialogue box will appear on your screen.
5. In the list, find the composition with the complete animation for rendering and click the settings icon.
6. In Settings, click the tickbox on the following 3 items and then click Save:
- Glyphs: If selected it converts fonts to shapes
- Enable compression
- Include in json: Include rasterized images encoded in the json
7. Still in the Bodymovin plugin, click the 3 horizontal dots on the composition you want to render and choose a location for saving the rendered json
8. Click the Render button and wait a few minutes while it completes.
9. The rendered file should be saved as a .json. This can then be uploaded to the Pugpig Distribution Service in the styling settings as an interstitial ad.
10. Once a new configuration has been generated and activated, the animated splash screen will appear in the app on launch.